“The Foxden demonstrates a lifestyle which is both about simplicity and a sort of natural ergonomics.”
- Natural Ergonomics. Container House Ontario (CHO) presents the Foxden; an imaginative abode which nimbly eases-into remote landscapes without supplanting local vegetation. It is has the ability to be half-buried & to be completely off-the-grid. A perfect solution and a sort of pioneer for your parcel of land. Crowned with a green curved roof and a rooftop patio, this ContainerHouse combines ecology and economy with a choice-driven lifestyle.
- Incredible and elegant residence. “Kesting’s house is purportedly as green-built as any such models and just about ready for year-round, off-the-grid living… It’s an incredible and elegant residence, and it offers the same qualities as an alternative housing argument as well.” (Guelph Mercury newspaper article, September 2013).
- For someone who has that itch. This ContainerHouse model has provided solutions to all the key challenges which someone building in a container will encounter. Choices to the end user to tailor the home specifically for their landscape and lifestyle. It allows someone who’s been itching to build a shipping container home to accomplish their dream within even a few weeks of delivery to their location. ContainerHomes are immensely satisfying homes to live-in because of their versatility, durability and economy. And this ContainerHouseOntario unit, is arguably the most ecological one yet & it is certainly a one-of-a kind treasure.
- Built with best-practices. Designed by Christoph Kesting & American Design Award Winner- architect Murray Arnott. Built by industry professional Paul Horrigan and his team, the Foxden takes from best practices of container homes around the world.
- Available and negotiable. The Foxden unit is available for $48K with local delivery & reassembly. Designed with portability in mind this container creation can be picked up by standard tilt-and-load trailers. Delivery time ranges from three to five days. In addition, we are quite happy negotiate the completion of the ContainerHouse in your chosen location with the options that suit your lifestyle best. Said differently; we can bury it, clad it with antique barn-board and trick it out with plumbing within a few weeks. Unique partnerships with individuals & organizations are welcome.
- The right fit. The CHO (ContainerHouseOntario) is scheduled to move come the end of this month. We are open to offers & will be considering options until the end of this month. We trust the right fit will emerge. Interested parties are best to call (800) 882-1690. For more information, here is a 60 second video of the building process, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOuthD673UI&feature=youtu.be
- More information resides here at www.containerhouseontario.com. Sincerely, C.Kesting